Thursday, October 8, 2009

Italy considers banning burqa

Considering banning the burqa in Western Europe is like going green in the states....everybody is doing it. Italy just recently joined the group.

I find this topic interesting because of all the factors involved (religious, political, etc...) and the heated debate that it sparks. I also wonder what will happen if all of these countries actually follow through on their considerations and impose the ban. What affect would it have on the spread of Islam and it's influence on the culture and government of Western Europe?

I would love to hear your thoughts on this subject. That is actually why I made this post. This isn't the most natural topic to bring up in conversation but since you all are already here reading tell me what you think. If you don't know much about the topic do some research and get back to me.

j

No comments:

Post a Comment