Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Is watching football a waste of time?

Kevin DeYoung recently posted a blog citing a study which found that out of the 3 hours a person spends watching a televised football game they only see 11 minutes of actual football being played.  The rest of the time is filled with commercials, huddles, replays etc.


Now I have never felt the need to be constantly doing something, as I do not believe that busyness equates to productivity, and I LOVE football but I am not quite sure what to think after reading this.  Don't get me wrong I am not going to stop following the sport or watching it on T.V. but I am definitely going to have to consider how to redeem some of that time.  3 hours for 11 minutes just doesn't seem like a very good investment.  


Any thoughts/suggestions?




1 comment:

  1. I just like to watch the 4th quarter, so I'm only wasting one hour for 2 minutes and 45 seconds of play...but I will watch an entire baseball game, which gives you 12-15 minutes of action per nine, which isn't much better as an investment. However, baseball has SO much more intrigue than football...

    ReplyDelete